Recreational/Leisure Riding Rental
Policies and Guidelines
WARNING Under Louisiana Law, a farm animal activity sponsor or farm animal professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in a farm animal activity resulting from the inherent risks of the farm animal activity, pursuant to R.S. 9:2795.1
- Practice sessions may be scheduled beginning on the Monday prior to the week of requested time slots. Lamar-Dixon’s office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and will begin taking calls for practice at that time. To schedule your practice time, please call the main office at 225-450-1009.
- Practice times are typically available Monday – Friday, 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM, based on availability and event schedule. Use of Lamar-Dixon’s Arenas are subject to management’s ability to properly prepare the facility for its scheduled events. Management is not obligated to provide the use of the facility for individual practice should it interfere with these events or other necessary maintenance and repair of the facility. Renters acknowledge that the grounds will be prepared so as to provide a safe environment and may not be “performance” ready at the time of their scheduled practice.
- All rentals will be in B Arena
- All practice time reservations MUST be paid for, at the time of the booking. Lamar-Dixon reserves the right to cancel and/or reschedule any practice times that interfere with the operation of the facility. Should the Facility require to cancel and/or reschedule a practice time, full refunds will be made available.
- Rates for scheduled practices are as follows: Hold Harmless agreements required for all participants. A “participant” is defined as any individual, actively taking part in any activity within the facility and does not pertain to spectators and/or visitors.
- 1-20 participants: $20.00/hr
- 20+ participants: Regular rental rates $650/day
- Cancelations must be made, no less than 48 Hours in advance of the scheduled practice time.
- Practice times longer than 2 hours must be approved by management.
- No one is allowed in the main arena, until their scheduled practice time. Please respect the time allotted for other renters. This includes remaining in the arena past your scheduled time.
- If special accommodations are needed, please contact arena management to discuss additional rates that may apply.
- Please utilize all trash cans and police the arena and parking lot prior to leaving the property. Any trash left from your scheduled time slot is subject to additional charges.
Management reserves the right to refuse rentals to individuals violating the aforementioned policies and procedures and/or for just cause. Any matter not herein expressly provided for, shall rest solely within the discretion of Lamar-Dixon Expo Center.